Ram-Bul Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
Ram-Bul Terms & Conditions of Sale (Below)
All purchase orders or contracts for the sale of, and all acceptances of, any materials, goods and/or any other items (“Goods”) sold by Ram-Bul Specialties, Inc. or its subsidiaries or affiliates (collectively, “Ram-Bul”) SHALL BE EXPRESSLY CONDITIONAL ON AND SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN. TERMS IN ADDITION TO OR DIFFERENT FROM THOSE SET FORTH HEREIN ARE OBJECTED TO HEREBY AND SHALL NOT BE BINDING ON Ram-Bul UNLESS SPECIFICALLY AND EXPRESSLY AGREED TO IN A SINGLE WRITING SIGNED BY Ram-Bul AND BUYER. ANY PERSON OR ENTITY WHO PURCHASES GOODS FROM Ram-Bul WILL BE CONSIDERED A “BUYER” AS THAT TERM IS USED HEREIN AND WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THEIR ENTIRETY. The terms and conditions contained herein are also set forth on Ram-Bul’s website: www.Ram-Bul.com. Such terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between Ram-Bul and Buyer with respect to the subject matter contained herein and supersede all prior or contemporaneous representations and agreements, whether written or oral.
1. TITLE AND RISK OF LOSS. Title and risk of loss or damage to Goods shall pass to Buyer upon tender of delivery F.O.B. Ram-Bul’s facility in Hudson, Ohio, unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties, except that Buyer grants a purchase money security interest in the Goods to Ram-Bul until full payment therefor has been received. Buyer agrees upon request, and otherwise authorizes Ram-Bul, to do all things necessary to perfect and maintain said security interest and shall otherwise protect Ram-Bul’s interest by adequately insuring the Goods against loss or damage from any cause.
2. PRICES AND TAXES. Subject to Ram-Bul’s right to increase prices as set forth below, the prices quoted by Ram-Bul for an order of Goods will remain firm for a period of 30 days, after which period Ram-Bul may change the same. Therefore, if the placing of an order has been delayed beyond such time, Buyer should obtain confirmation of prices prior to submitting an order. Ram-Bul reserves the right to revise catalog information at any time, without notice and it will not be responsible for any price errors contained therein. Ram-Bul may increase the price of Goods under any Buyer order at any time without the consent of Buyer by providing Buyer 60 days prior written notice of such increase. Unless otherwise stated in Ram-Bul’s sales quotation, prices quoted are F.O.B., Ram-Bul’s facility in Hudson, Ohio. The amount of any local, State, Federal or foreign tax or duty levied on the Goods referred to herein shall be added to the amount paid by and remain the sole responsibility of Buyer. Unless otherwise agreed by Ram-Bul, all invoices are payable within 30 days of the delivery date. If payment is not received when due Ram-Bul may in its sole discretion and without liability: (i) terminate any and all outstanding orders from Buyer, (ii) withhold shipment of Goods to Buyer under any and all outstanding orders from Buyer, and/or (iii) elect not to accept additional orders for Goods from Buyer. Buyer represents that Buyer is solvent and can and will pay for the Goods sold to Buyer in accordance with the terms hereof. All shipments of Goods to Buyer shall be subject to the approval of Ram-Bul’s credit department. Ram-Bul reserves the right before shipping any Goods to Buyer to require payment therefor in advance or to require security for payment and if Buyer fails to comply with any such requirement imposed by Ram-Bul, Ram-Bul may terminate any contract with Buyer affected thereby. An interest charge of one and one-half percent (1½%) per month, or the maximum allowed by applicable law, will be assessed by Ram-Bul and paid by Buyer on all past due accounts. Buyer shall pay, to the extent permitted by law, all reasonable costs and expenses, including attorney fees and costs incurred by Ram-Bul in connection with any collection action for payment of the amounts due herein. If the Goods are to be delivered to Buyer over a specified period of time following the order date, or if Buyer orders a specific quantity or estimated quantity of Goods based on an estimated need, Buyer shall accept shipment of and pay for all Goods stated or estimated in such order and such payment shall be made in accordance with this Section 2 above, and in any event, on or before the end of such specified period of time, if any.
3. PACKAGING. All Goods shipped in one-way containers (barrels, canisters, sacks, bags, cartons, etc.) shall become the property of Buyer and shall not be returned to Ram-Bul but properly disposed of by Buyer. All Goods shipped in returnable containers are the property of Ram-Bul and Buyer shall return any such containers to Ram-Bul. Buyer shall be liable for the failure to return such containers. Goods in containers are invoiced at their net weight.
4. PATTERNS AND TOOLING. Buyer shall timely supply at its expense any patterns, tooling, and drawings (collectively, the “Tooling”) to Ram-Bul which are necessary and/or appropriate to produce the Goods hereunder. Ram-Bul shall not have any indemnification obligation to Buyer with respect to any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of the Tooling by Ram-Bul. Further, Ram-Bul shall not be required to maintain insurance covering the Tooling and Buyer assumes all risk of loss with respect to all Tooling supplied to Ram-Bul hereunder.
5. DELIVERY: NO DELIVERY DATES ARE GUARANTEED. Any dates or schedules which may be specified for the delivery of the Goods have been stated only approximately and are estimated from the date of receipt of Buyer’s order, with complete specifications and other information reasonably requested by Ram-Bul in order to proceed with the manufacture of the Goods and Ram-Bul shall not incur any liability, either direct or indirect, nor shall any order be cancelled, because or as a result of any delays in meeting such dates or schedules. Ram-Bul reserves the right to satisfy delivery of the Goods through partial delivery and part performance.
6. FORCE MAJEURE. Ram-Bul shall not be liable to Buyer for any damages resulting from any delay in delivery of Goods or from any delay in the performance of any obligation of Ram-Bul which delay is due to (i) any act of God; (ii) Ram-Bul’s being required to fulfill any government order for Goods, or any order for Goods placed under any allocation program (mandatory or voluntary) established pursuant to law; (iii) local labor shortage, fire, flood, or other casualty; (iv) governmental regulation or requirement; (v) a shortage of raw materials, supplies, fuel, power, or transportation; (vi) equipment failures; (vii) any strike, labor dispute, or difference with workers, regardless of whether or not Ram-Bul might be able to settle any such strike, dispute or difference; or (viii) any other cause beyond Ram-Bul’s reasonable control.
7. PRODUCT SELECTION AND SUITABILITY; COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS. Some Goods offered by Ram-Bul are obtained from outside suppliers. Ram-Bul shall not be responsible for how the Goods are used or installed and the Goods’ conformance to Federal, state, local or foreign codes, laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances. Buyer should review the Goods’ application, and the relevant code, laws, rules, regulations or ordinances, to be certain that the Goods, their installation, and use will satisfy these requirements. Ram-Bul shall not be liable to Buyer for any damages incurred as a result of any technical advice allegedly or actually given by Ram-Bul to Buyer in connection with the design, installation or use of the Goods. IN NO EVENT SHALL Ram-Bul BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF BUYER’S IMPROPER SELECTION, MISAPPLICATION OR MISUSE OF GOODS. Buyer shall indemnify, defend and hold Ram-Bul harmless from and against any claim which might be asserted against Ram-Bul by reason of Buyer’s breach under any of these terms and conditions, including without limitation, those contained in this Section 7 and Section 9 hereof. Buyer shall reimburse Ram-Bul for any expenses, including attorney fees, which Ram-Bul might incur in defending itself against any such claim.
8. CHANGES IN DESIGN. Ram-Bul reserves the right to discontinue the manufacture or sale of any model, style or type of Goods it presently sells, and reserves the right to change the design or composition of Goods it presently sells without notice to Buyer. Ram-Bul shall incur no liability to Buyer as a result of any such discontinuance or change. Ram-Bul shall have no obligation to furnish or install any replacements for Goods sold to Buyer prior to any such discontinuance or change.
9. GOODS MADE TO BUYER’S SPECIFICATIONS OR OFF-QUALITY GOODS. Ram-Bul makes NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, except as to title, with respect to Goods manufactured, compounded and or designed to Buyer’s own specifications, or with respect to off-quality Goods or “seconds” which Buyer has specifically requested or agreed to accept. Buyer will defend, indemnify and hold Ram-Bul and its employees and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, liabilities, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with any alleged infringement of any intellectual property rights of any third parties by Goods made specifically to Buyer’s specifications by Ram-Bul as long as: (a) Ram-Bul gives Buyer prompt notice of any such claim, etc. and/or an opportunity to settle or defend it as Buyer may see fit; and (b) Ram-Bul gives Buyer its reasonable assistance in connection with the defense and/or settlement of such claim. Ram-Bul reserves the right to cancel Buyer’s order, without liability, if, in Ram-Bul’s opinion, the manufacture, sale or use of the Goods would infringe any such intellectual property rights.
10. THIRD-PARTY MANUFACTURER WARRANTY. Some Goods offered by Ram-Bul are obtained from third-party manufacturers. Such Goods or such components of the Goods sold by Ram-Bul may be warranted to Buyer directly by a third-party manufacturer or indirectly by Ram-Bul passing through to Buyer any manufacturer warranties. Ram-Bul is not responsible or obligated to make warranty claims against any third-party manufacturer or in any way enforce the warranties extended by the third-party manufacturer to Buyer, but will use commercially reasonable efforts to assist Buyer in obtaining or verifying any such warranty information. Ram-Bul may from time to time distribute literature or sales materials of the third-party manufacturer, but it assumes no responsibility for the content of such literature or materials.
11. LIMITED WARRANTY. Except as set forth above in Sections 8, 9, and 10 above, Ram-Bul warrants that: (a) Goods described in any product-specific written warranty published and delivered to Buyer by Ram-Bul are in accordance with such product-specific written warranty; and/or (b) Goods not described in any product-specific warranty are in accordance with Ram-Bul’s published specifications at the time it accepted Buyer’s order therefor and that it will repair or replace, at Ram-Bul’s option, such Goods that fail to conform to any such product-specific written warranty or those published specifications, as the case may be, provided notice of claim under this warranty is given within a period of not more than 30 days following shipment of such Goods to Buyer. Ram-Bul shall in no event be responsible for costs incurred by Buyer in returning Goods to Ram-Bul for repair or replacement. No Goods shall be returned to Ram-Bul without the prior written consent of Ram-Bul.
12. EXCLUSION OF OTHER WARRANTIES. EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WHETHER ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW, TRADE USAGE, OR COURSE OF DEALING, WHICH APPLY TO THE GOODS, AND Ram-Bul DISCLAIMS SAME. NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AT ANY TIME MADE BY ANY REPRESENTATIVE OF Ram-Bul SHALL BE EFFECTIVE TO VARY OR EXPAND THE ABOVE-REFERENCED EXPRESS WARRANTY OR ANY OTHER TERMS HEREOF.
13. LIABILITY LIMITATION. Ram-Bul’s liability hereunder shall be limited to the obligation to repair or replace the Goods pursuant to Section 11 above. Ram-Bul’s total cumulative liability in any way arising from or pertaining to any Goods sold or required to be sold under any contract with Buyer shall NOT in any case exceed the purchase price actually paid by Buyer for such Goods. IN NO EVENT SHALL Ram-Bul HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO BUYER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR COMMERCIAL LOSS, LABOR COSTS, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, LIQUIDATED, PUNITIVE, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR CLAIMS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER IT BE BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. IT IS EXPRESSLY AGREED THAT BUYER’S REMEDIES EXPRESSED IN THIS SECTION ARE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES.
14. CANCELLATION OR CHANGES OF ORDERS. No orders may be withdrawn or cancelled by Buyer, nor may they be deferred when ready, unless Ram-Bul shall first be paid a cancellation or deferral charge of a reasonable amount acceptable to Ram-Bul. In the event Buyer shall request reasonable changes in its order after receipt thereof by Ram-Bul, Buyer shall be responsible for all charges reasonably assessed by Ram-Bul with respect to such changes. In no event shall Buyer request unreasonable changes with respect to any of the terms of any order, including but not limited to changes with respect to quantity and delivery dates. The reasonableness of a requested change shall be solely determined by Ram-Bul using its reasonable discretion.
15. SET-OFFS. Neither Buyer nor any affiliated entity or assignee shall have the right to set-off any claims they might have against Ram-Bul against any amounts which Buyer owes to Ram-Bul for Goods sold.
16. NO PROTECTION FROM CLAIM OF INFRINGEMENT. Ram-Bul makes no representation or warranty that the use of the Goods by Buyer shall be free of the claim of any third party that the Goods or the use thereof infringe on some right of a third party.
17. CONFIDENTIALITY. Buyer shall protect the confidentiality of this document and shall not disclose or otherwise disseminate, directly or indirectly, by any means or method, this document or any of its terms and/or conditions or any other information related to Ram-Bul or Ram-Bul’s business (collectively, the “Confidential Information”) that is provided to or received by Buyer or any of its owners, officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, representatives, successors, and/or assigns; unless such disclosure: (a) is otherwise required to be provided to Buyer’s employees but only on a limited “need to know” basis in order to give effect to the intent and purposes of this document, (b) is required by law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, after Ram-Bul has been provided with reasonable notice and opportunity to contest such law, jurisdiction or court order, or (c) comes after the Confidential Information is or becomes part of the public domain through no act or omission of Buyer.
18. APPLICABLE LAW.
(a) These terms and conditions and any sale of Goods by Ram-Bul hereunder shall be determined and construed in accordance with, and shall be governed by, the laws of the State of Ohio, excluding its conflict of law principles, and Buyer and Ram-Bul agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the appropriate state or federal court located within Ohio for purpose of resolving any dispute or claim arising in connection with said transaction(s).
(b) In the event Buyer is an entity formed under the laws of a jurisdiction other than any State of the United States of America, Ohio law shall still govern any sale of Goods to such Buyer, excluding its conflict of law principles, and all disputes arising under any such sale shall be finally settled under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chambers of Commerce instead of submitting to the exclusive jurisdiction of the appropriate state or federal court within Ohio. The place of arbitration shall be Cleveland, Ohio. The language to be used in the arbitral proceeding shall be English. The arbitration panel shall consist of three arbitrators, one arbitrator to be appointed by Ram-Bul, one arbitrator to be appointed by Buyer and the third arbitrator to be appointed in accordance with the Rules of the International Chambers of Commerce. Arbitration awards rendered shall be final and binding and shall not be subject to any form of appeal. The losing party, as determined by arbitrators, shall pay all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by the prevailing party, as determined by the arbitrators, in connection with any dispute unless the arbitrators direct otherwise. The award of the arbitration panel may be enforced by any court having jurisdiction over the party against which the award has been rendered, or where the assets of the party against which the award has been rendered can be located. Nothing shall preclude either party from seeking interim or permanent equitable or injunctive relief, or both, from any court having jurisdiction to grant the same. The pursuit of equitable or injunctive relief shall not be a waiver of the duty of the parties to pursue any remedy for monetary damages through the arbitration described in this section. Ram-Bul and Buyer hereby expressly exclude applicability of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods if the same would otherwise apply hereto.
19. NO WAIVER; SEVERABILITY; ASSIGNMENT; SURVIVAL. Failure, delay, or any partial exercise by Ram-Bul of any right, power, or privilege available to Ram-Bul hereunder shall not operate as a waiver, or preclude further exercise by Ram-Bul of any other right, power, or privilege. If any provision or any portion of these terms and conditions are construed to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision or portion thereof shall be deemed stricken and deleted from these terms and conditions to the same extent and effect as if it were never incorporated herein, but all other provisions of these terms and conditions and the remaining portion of any provision that is construed to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in part shall continue in full force and effect. The obligations and rights of Buyer with respect to an order of Goods hereunder shall not be delegated or assigned by Buyer without the prior written consent of Ram-Bul. Ram-Bul may assign or delegate its rights and obligations hereunder with respect to any order of Goods without the consent of Buyer. These terms and conditions shall survive termination or cancellation of, and completion of work under, any order for Goods hereunder.